Monday, July 2, 2007

What the hell do people spend all day talking about?

Ninety percent of the time, I don't feel like I have anything to say to anyone.

Conversations are a chore. I never know what to say, nor do I care to come up with things to say just to fill the empty air. So often times, I sit in silence. Which can be awkward, but for the most part it's not awkward for me.

However, sometimes I worry that my conversational counterparts think I'm not interested in them or the conversation.

My insecurities lie in the emphasis on fluid conversations in successful friendships/relationships. It's not that I don't have things to talk about; I just don't find them relevant or important in the moment. On top of that, I really have no desire to sit around talking about myself; nor do I want to feel like I'm interviewing the people I'm talking to (asking a constant stream of questions with no sort of reciprocal questioning from the person I'm speaking with).

I think that I think too much about this.

No comments: