Monday, April 16, 2007

Keep on Truckin'

When I got home from LA yesterday, I found a letter on my bed. It was from CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County, for those that don't know). I had applied to volunteer at the hospital and had just completed an interview a couple weeks ago.

I thought "wow! That was quite a fast turn around; I wonder when the orientation dates are." The woman I had interviewed with told me the time line and that I would be receiving the dates around this time, but I figured it was still quite quick. So I opened the letter, excited to see when I would be embarking on my community service adventure!

"I'm sorry to say we cannot offer you a volunteer position at this time..."

I was rejected.

FROM VOLUNTEERING.

It has come to the point where I'm not even good enough to GIVE MY TIME AND ENERGY FREELY.

Seriously, folks; I've been trying to stay positive. I've been trying to persevere through the shit that has been thrown at me this year. If I have gained anything from my experiences in 2007, I have learned how to cope with rejection (or at least handle it a little better). But this was a fucking low blow.

I'm just waiting for someone to come along at random and kick me in the nuts. That would be a good way to round out a fantastic 1/3 of the year.

I'm so numb to it all right now that I can't help but laugh. Honestly, nothing HORRIBLE has happened to me this year. Rather, I've experienced a series of things that add up to a major pain in my ass (let alone the actual pain in my ass from the abscess).

It's time to pack up and move to Yemen. I hear it's warm there. And they have a lot of sand. I like sand; as long as it's not in a plastic baggie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I know you're starting a new job and all but if you need a summer job, I will hire you on the effing spot!

It's near Charlotte, NC. It goes from May 29-July 30. And it pays $5000. And you get to work w/ MEEEEEEE.

lemme know.

Unknown said...

Oh, and we pay your transportation, housing, and meal plan. Did I forget that?

Unknown said...

Yeah, life has a way of being ironic at the most ironic times...if that makes sense.